• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bar exam (didn't know where to post this)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

it's a shame that someone with good retention,and a gift for seeing the approach a prosecutor(s) is leaning towards cannot put ones ability to strategize or apply ones knack to recall even the most obscure precedents,a fluid understanding of the law,it's procedures, syllogistic logic, rhetoric etc. Can't put these to a good use.
Would you allow your brain tumor to be removed, or a new organ transplanted, by a surgeon who didn't go to medical school?

Its unnerving to conclude through observation that so many students of the law are predisposed to assumption!
Lets instead hypothesize that to succeed in such a demanding field requires a pathological amount of self-confidence.(i wouldn't compare the results of a voice to text response while working on more elevated tasks-
to grammatically dependent test results.)
Nor is it wise to presume armchair litigation,though the assumption brought a laugh to my employer.
I wish i could say more however,anonymity protects both those that can set aside their ego for a skillset that comes effortlessly to myself.
I read that twice and don't have any idea what you are talking about and I used to analyze insurance policies for a living.

You remind me of Norm Crosby, but he's funny.

Dean Martin & Norm Crosby - YouTube

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Its unnerving to conclude through observation that so many students of the law are predisposed to assumption!
Lets instead hypothesize that to succeed in such a demanding field requires a pathological amount of self-confidence.(i wouldn't compare the results of a voice to text response while working on more elevated tasks-
to grammatically dependent test results.)
Nor is it wise to presume armchair litigation,though the assumption brought a laugh to my employer.
I wish i could say more however,anonymity protects both those that can set aside their ego for a skillset that comes effortlessly to myself.
Dick, no one will accuse you of modesty.

One of the most important skills needed by a lawyer is an understanding of the laws where they practice, and how they are applied. For example, you asked about the CT bar. It matters not what sort of aptitude you have, or whether the requirements are in your eyes are silly. Since you do not currently meet the requirements under CT law, it's moot... unless the requirements change, or you acquire the requisite credentials.

Secondly, having a "pathological amount of self-confidence" just makes you obnoxious, Dick, and many areas of law require more of an ability to "play well with others" to be effective. Of course, we may have very different definitions of "success".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">