• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they refuse me for applying again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

berbz

What is the name of your state?

I want to apply for a out of state apartment. Last time the manager said I couldn't. Since I turned them down three times. I told them it was due to the winter weather approaching. It was in a bad location. No stores, nothing nearby.

What state are you in? What state is the apartment you wish to rent?

The management does not want to waste their time working with you when you keep changing your mind. Plus the fact that the apartment is still in a commercial desert will be a recurring yearly problem.

Last edited:

quincy

What is the name of your state?

I want to apply for a out of state apartment. Last time the manager said I couldn't. Since I turned them down three times. I told them it was due to the winter weather approaching. It was in a bad location. No stores, nothing nearby.
Why do you want to apply for this out-of-state apartment again if it’s in a bad location with “nothing nearby?” I assume the location has not improved any between the time of first application and fourth.

I see no legal action for you to pursue, based on the information you have provided.

Just Blue

Why do you want to apply for this out-of-state apartment again if it’s in a bad location with “nothing nearby?” I assume the location has not improved any between the time of first application and fourth.

I see no legal action for you to pursue, based on the information you have provided.
I'm pretty sure that OP has posted here before, under different username, re this same issue.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
...and flyingron pointed out: "As long as his reason is that he won't rent to you based on being a protected class (race, religion, disabled, etc...), then he doesn't need a reason to refuse to rent to you.

Refusing to rent to someone who backed out of rentals multiple times sounds not only legal but an extremely good idea."

berbz

Well it's stupid their policy is to bad a person from applying again if they tried to move. I think the manager fibbed a little because I was only offered a place twice and had asked to be removed once. Then they added back on with no problem. This new manager seems like a slum lord anyway

berbz

I didn't go by any username other than this one. Maybe I can try again next year if a new manager is hired

quincy

Well it's stupid their policy is to bad a person from applying again if they tried to move. I think the manager fibbed a little because I was only offered a place twice and had asked to be removed once. Then they added back on with no problem. This new manager seems like a slum lord anyway
Well then, if the new manager seems like a slum lord you can thank your lucky stars that you escaped living there!

Trying again if/when there is new management is always an option. Your best option might be to find a nicer place, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">