• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

law about district attendance officer visiting home in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Thanks everyone. My husband thinks I'm insane for even questioning it... but, the paperwork they already want to show we live here is insane! I find it hard to believe that anyone is successful at sneaking in to the school system unless the person that does own the house is in on it and actively participates in allowing them to do so...
And you find this unlikely because?

I personally know people who have done exactly that. Not everyone plays by the rules. Sometimes they're very stupid about it.

Just Blue

And you find this unlikely because?

I personally know people who have done exactly that. Not everyone plays by the rules. Sometimes they're very stupid about it.
I was able to do it with my eldest....granted this was many years ago (16) and a different state than OP. My eldest had a "room" with a relative and went to school in that district. We had lived there for DD entire life but HAD to move just before she started her freshman year. They wouldn't allow her to continue on in the district because she didn't qualify for the grandfather clause (she attended a charter middle school)...so I found a way "around" it. I eased my feelings of guilt knowing that her attendance there increased their testing scores and thus the amount of money received from the state. I honestly think that the principal knew and didn't push the issue because my DD was such a great student and was very socially active...fund raising/volunteering...etc... She graduated 2nd in her class of 600+with over 140k in scholarships.

PayrollHRGuy

I was able to do it with my eldest....granted this was many years ago (16) and a different state than OP. My eldest had a "room" with a relative and went to school in that district. We had lived there for DD entire life but HAD to move just before she started her freshman year. They wouldn't allow her to continue on in the district because she didn't qualify for the grandfather clause (she attended a charter middle school)...so I found a way "around" it. I eased my feelings of guilt knowing that her attendance there increased their testing scores and thus the amount of money received from the state. I honestly think that the principal knew and didn't push the issue because my DD was such a great student and was very socially active...fund raising/volunteering...etc... She graduated 2nd in her class of 600+with over 140k in scholarships.
The SoL for fraud should have run out by now. So you should be OK posting your criminal past.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">