• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shipper wants more money to deliver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Onceagain33

Well…
I paid the $275. Still no delivery!! Now the shipper says they have to take it to Albuquerque to a “local” delivery service…..it is still in El Paso. That new shipper says they will call me to schedule delivery next week and collect the payment. They will have it as a COD!! So..I just paid an extra $275 to the first shipper for them to simply pass it along to someone else who is looking to get paid by me. Now what? Where does this end? Pretty soon I will have paid more in shipping than the battery cost.

I keep thinking that a sharply worded letter and quoting the relevant regulations or law might convince someone in their legal department to just tell them to give it to me and stop the extortion.

I am hearing more and more from friends that they too have been scammed by shippers. These shippers claim they can’t get drivers, can get local trucks, etc. funny…FedEx, UPS, even the post office are managing to move a box from Salt Lake to New Mexico in 4 days….no issue with lack of trucks. I have been waiting since this was shipped back on May 16.

i think it all just bull. The owners of these shipping companies are just scamming consumers anyway they can…and their lies are almost believable….well, until you look closer.

Last edited:

quincy

Well…
I paid the $275. Still no delivery!! Now the shipper says they have to take it to Albuquerque to a “local” delivery service…..it is still in El Paso. That new shipper says they will call me to schedule delivery next week and collect the payment. They will have it as a COD!! So..I just paid an extra $275 to the first shipper for them to simply pass it along to someone else who is looking to get paid by me. Now what? Where does this end? Pretty soon I will have paid more in shipping than the battery cost.

I keep thinking that a sharply worded letter and quoting the relevant regulations of law might convince someone in their legal department to just tell them to give it to me and stop the extortion.
A strongly worded letter, especially if it comes from an attorney (on attorney letterhead), could speed up the delivery while at the same time letting the shipper know that the legality of the shipping delivery fees are being looked at. Such a letter can’t hurt, at any rate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">