• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Case Seems To Be Getting Too Large

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I understand what everyone is saying, actually, the small court's advisors told me to keep the paperwork down, that's why I was concerned. The question mark was a grammatical error on my part. Yes, I am counter-suing in small claims, it will be looked at on the same day as the Plaintiff's case. I have found an Attorney, meeting with him late next week. Yeah, for 4.5 years I have been harassed over about a dozen broken roof tiles.
I am sure you guys have seen worse. I can't imagine what though! If anyone is interested, I will follow up with the results after my hearing.
Thanks again, Al
I am glad you will be meeting with an attorney next week.

We are always interested in updates so, yes, if you have the time to post back here after your hearing, that would be nice.

Good luck.

adjusterjack

Al, I've been through all your threads to see if this was mentioned. It wasn't.

Don't you have Real Estate Agents Errors and Omissions insurance?

If you do, your insurance company should be providing you with legal assistance and you shouldn't have to be paying for your own.

quincy

The real estate association’s lawyer was involved originally. This is a separate action against allanb.

Here is a link to the original thread which discusses liability. allanb’s broker let the E&O insurance lapse.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/question-about-my-liabilty.656108/

allanb made an initial mistake by personally taking on the responsibility for roof tile replacement, by adding an addendum to the agreement. When it was found impossible to replace the tiles, allanb was sent a bill for $23,000 to cover the cost of a new roof.

Last edited:

allanb

I thought that I would post the results of the Small Claims case against me, the case lasted 2 hours, the Judge listened to everything and after 2 weeks ruled for the Plaintiff for $450 plus $75 in court costs. He was suing me for $10k. The $450 awarded was actually the amount of money that I had originally agreed to pay him (Kind of) I promised to pay for the replacement of several broken roof tiles in an addendum to a Real Estate purchase and when asked by the Judge how much I was ready to contribute I said $450, that I was always ready, willing and able to pay that. The Judge, in her ruling, got a few facts mixed up but I felt I had won in reality. The Judge also found that I did nothing wrong or unethical.

quincy

I thought that I would post the results of the Small Claims case against me, the case lasted 2 hours, the Judge listened to everything and after 2 weeks ruled for the Plaintiff for $450 plus $75 in court costs. He was suing me for $10k. The $450 awarded was actually the amount of money that I had originally agreed to pay him (Kind of) I promised to pay for the replacement of several broken roof tiles in an addendum to a Real Estate purchase and when asked by the Judge how much I was ready to contribute I said $450, that I was always ready, willing and able to pay that. The Judge, in her ruling, got a few facts mixed up but I felt I had won in reality. The Judge also found that I did nothing wrong or unethical.
It sounds like you came out of this suit about as well as you could have. That’s nice.

Thanks for the update, allanb.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">