• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1 of 2 adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treebeard

We are in 2 different states. kids are in KS and i'm in TN. Divorce was in Alabama.

My ex's husband wants to adopt one of my 2 daughters. How would this effect the child support I pay now?

Gracie3787

We are in 2 different states. kids are in KS and i'm in TN. Divorce was in Alabama.

My ex's husband wants to adopt one of my 2 daughters. How would this effect the child support I pay now?
First, why does he only want to adopt 1 of the children?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Second, why is your question about the MONEY when it comes to your child? :rolleyes:

Treebeard

Not that this has anything to do with my question.

The one in question wants to be adopted because they have been together since the child was 6 weeks old. The oldest does not want to be adopted by the step-dad.

It sickens me that women instantly think that the father is unable to care for the children in any way but monitary. You don't know me so don't try to judge me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Not that this has anything to do with my question.

The one in question wants to be adopted because they have been together since the child was 6 weeks old. The oldest does not want to be adopted by the step-dad.

It sickens me that women instantly think that the father is unable to care for the children in any way but monitary. You don't know me so don't try to judge me.
You are now talking to a MAN who actually FOUGHT to have FULL CUSTODY of his three children.

I ask again, why is it that you are so willing to give up your child to save a few bucks?

Last edited by a moderator:

momofrose

You are now talking to a MAN who actually FOUGHT to have FULL CUSTODY of his three children.

I ask again, why is it that you are so willing to give up your child to save a few bucks?
Op- all you asked about was how this adoption would affect your child support. You do realize that once this adoption is finalized you are a legal stranger to this child!! You want both of your bio-kids to have 2 different fathers? Think you need to step back and look at the full picture on the future of this decision.

Treebeard

Momofrose- I am already a stranger to the one wanting to be adopted. I have thought about it. The mother has been asking me for this over the past few years but I have ignored it. In truth I believe that the child is not mine to begin with.

Zigner- I am glad you won custody of your kids.

Treebeard

Momofrose- Yes I do. Honestly the adoption is not about the money but rather what the child has asked for. My question however IS about the money because it is something I am not sure on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">