• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 y/o NY'er Wants to Move in w/ Family in Alabama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yessy25

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
New York

Hi everyone,

My name is Yesenia and I am a 16 y/o female who resides in New York. My parents have both agreed to go to the NY Family Court and release their rights, since we have all been having an extremely difficult time and it is best for me that I receive the proper care from another family.*** I want to be adopted by a family that lives in Alabama. I have known them for years, and they are wonderful people whom I can trust. They are willing to take me in and give me the love and care I need because they understand what I'm going through. Their home is occupied by my close friend, her mother, aunt, brother, foster sister, foster nephew.

HERE'S WHERE I NEED HELP: Do my parents have a say in which family I can go to, even if I refer this family? Will the family in Alabama have to come all the way to NY for the court hearing? How can I go about getting adopted by them if they are all the way in Alabama? HELP PLEASE, ASAP!

Any and ALL help appreciate! THANK YOU!
---------------------------------------------------------------

***The reasons I desperately seek adoption from another family is:

1) I struggle with bipolar disorder, and is is daunting for both me and my parents. Since I was diagnosed with this disorder two years ago, they have witnessed my struggle with self esteem, substance abuse, self-injury, psychological decompensations, and suicide attempts. It pains me to see my father witness this, as he is in his age of retirement, and the doctor says that any stress can lead to a potential rise in blood pressure or even a heart attack. Even with much counseling, hopsitalizations, and medication, my parents have a difficult time understanding what I go through and can be very unsuportive.

2)I am bisexual, and my parents are not supportive of my sexuality. My mother is very homophobic. This has caused me at hide apart of my life completely.

3)I suffer much verbal abuse from both my parents.

4)I get constant pressure form my mother.

5)My mother is a chronic gambler, and refuses to seek help. Our finanical siutuation has separated all of us greatly.

O

okamsrazor

Homophobic, eh? She was diagnosed as having a fear of homosexuals? If so by whom? Or does she not approve of the lifestlye? or are you unaware of what a phobia even is? Just because you do not approve of something does not make it a "phobia". I do not LIKE being stuck with a needle at the Dr.'s office, I do not FEAR all needles I see because of that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">