• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1965 - CA her husband consented bio dad didn't know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dotrain4u

North Carolina

Back in 1964, my birthmother, who was married to a man, had an affair with another man that resulted in a pregnancy. She fled to California, where her husband was stationed with the military, to give me up for adoption. At the time, the law CLEARLY stated that because she was married, her husband was considered the legal father of me, though all parties involved including the DSS knew that he wasn't really the natural father. The idnetity of the natural father was known. They all knew that there was a biological father who was not being included in the adoption proceedings. His consent was not legally necessary and had not been sought, because she was married. :confused: Her husband was able to sign my adoption papers. My biological father has no idea that I exist.

My biological mother did not state that my biological father was abusive, or that the pregnancy was the result of a rape, or any other valid reason why he should not be aware of the pregnancy. She just had an affair with him. However, his knowledge or consent was NOT needed legally.

Have there been any cases in California where a birth father, who is known to the DSS but was not considered the legal father (her husband was), in which a court has decided to reveal the adoption to the biological father or to give the adult adoptee the man's name, or any other outcome besides keeping the records closed and locked away?

Thanks,
dotrain4u

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">