• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adopted Daughter Has Been Returned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suzena

What is the name of your state? Texas

Almost 8 years ago my daughter (age 2 at the time) was adopted by my brother and his wife due to me being seriously unstable. Since then, my brother and his wife have divorced and custody was ultimately given to my brother. After becoming stable and gainfully employed my brother thought it would be good for my daughter and I to know each other. We met again in July of 04 and she was completely returned to my care and custody in February of 05. What needs to be done to get her returned to me on paper, i.e. legally?

seniorjudge

suzena said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Almost 8 years ago my daughter (age 2 at the time) was adopted by my brother and his wife due to me being seriously unstable. Since then, my brother and his wife have divorced and custody was ultimately given to my brother. After becoming stable and gainfully employed my brother thought it would be good for my daughter and I to know each other. We met again in July of 04 and she was completely returned to my care and custody in February of 05. What needs to be done to get her returned to me on paper, i.e. legally?
You will need to start adoption proceedings which will include the termination of the adoptive father's and the adoptive mother's parental rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">