• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adopting a grandchild

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tamayoco

I am supposed to adopt a grandchild. My daughter lives in Washington state and she was abandoned by her boyfriend in November. She is not sure if he is the actual father. It could be one of two men. She was going to sign unknown, but the potential father has started calling her and asking her if he can have a paternity test etc. She is due April 2 and he just started calling again last week. She wants to know if we can go through the process of starting the adoption if she does not know who the father is?

Silverplum

I am supposed to adopt a grandchild. My daughter lives in Washington state and she was abandoned by her boyfriend in November. She is not sure if he is the actual father. It could be one of two men. She was going to sign unknown, but the potential father has started calling her and asking her if he can have a paternity test etc. She is due April 2 and he just started calling again last week. She wants to know if we can go through the process of starting the adoption if she does not know who the father is?
No.
No way.
Absolutely NO.

LdiJ

No adoption is going to happen unless the father is identified AND consents to the adoption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">