• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adopting my sisters unborn child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jennifermoor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My sister just found out that she is pregnant. She already has two other children that live with their father now. She is currently trying to get into a program to help her get her kids back or at least to help her get back into their lives. She said that she is unable to take care of this new baby and will not get an abortion. She asked that my domestic partner and myself take the baby once it is born... What do we have to do? We are more then willing to care for the baby and raise it as our own as long as she doesn't try to come back later and take the baby back. How do we go about adopting the baby together?

nextwife

My sister just found out that she is pregnant. She already has two other children that live with their father now. She is currently trying to get into a program to help her get her kids back or at least to help her get back into their lives. She said that she is unable to take care of this new baby and will not get an abortion. She asked that my domestic partner and myself take the baby once it is born... What do we have to do? We are more then willing to care for the baby and raise it as our own as long as she doesn't try to come back later and take the baby back. How do we go about adopting the baby together?
Is the baby's putative FATHER agreeable about the adoption?

Just Blue

Where is the father? He would have to agree with this as well. Hire an adoption attorney to help you through the legalities.

jennifermoor

My sister is not even sure who the father is... She could be one of those women on Maury that take tons of men up there to see who the father is. Not talking bad about her just saying she was doing a lot of things wrong and this just happened to be one of them...

xylene

My sister is not even sure who the father is... She could be one of those women on Maury that take tons of men up there to see who the father is. Not talking bad about her just saying she was doing a lot of things wrong and this just happened to be one of them...
The answer stands.

You need to talk with an adoption lawyer to see if this is even possible.

ALSO:

Your sis may or may not get over her many problems... And either way she might try to get the kid back... I mean she is trying to do that now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">