• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adopting Step Daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dremigas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I have been raising my step daughter for 2 years with my wife. Her biological father has not seen or contacted my wife in over 3 and a half years. She is 4. There was never any agreement for child support or visitation. My daughter has my wife's maiden name as her last name, but he is listed on the birth certificate as the father. We have a second daughter with my last name and wish for our oldest to have it as well. Can anyone tell me what our legal options are and what the easiest wa for me to adopt her?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I have been raising my step daughter for 2 years with my wife. Her biological father has not seen or contacted my wife in over 3 and a half years. She is 4. There was never any agreement for child support or visitation. My daughter has my wife's maiden name as her last name, but he is listed on the birth certificate as the father. We have a second daughter with my last name and wish for our oldest to have it as well. Can anyone tell me what our legal options are and what the easiest wa for me to adopt her?
The easiest way is to hire an attorney.

The safest way is to hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">