• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BabyTG

I live in Virginia. My Husband and I have full custody of our grandson who is 6 yrs old, the fathers where abouts are unknown and my daughter gave up custody to us. Now my question is can we adopt the child? and if so do we have to have the mothers consent? and if father where abouts are unknow will be also need his consent? She was never married to the father of the child. Can you Help me?

BabyTG

D

dorenephilpot

Generally, if the biological parents aren't supporting the child and aren't maintaining a relationship with the child, then their rights can be severed without their permission or knowledge, provided you follow your state's laws in the procedures you use.

You definitely need to see an adoption lawyer in your state. Shop around. Rates vary wildly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">