• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Elizabeth1699

What is the name of your state? Texas. I have a 1 1/2 year old son and my husband wants to adopt him. He is not the BIO father. The Bio father has not had contact with me or my son since i told him i was pregnant. He is not on the birth certificate. THe bio father is not a US residence. He was here for a few months on a tourist visa. He is from Panama but that is all the information i have. I do not know where he is or where he is from. Is there any way to have my husband adopt my son without trying to find the Bio father. he is a traveler and i have no idea where he could be. Please help!!! My husband is the only father my son knows.

brisgirl825

The bio-father needs to be contacted. In situations like yours, where the bio-parent cannot be found, notice is given by publication. You need to get an atty, to do this legally.
Many attys' will give free consultations. You should go to differnet atty's and find one that has experience in an adoption where the parent is MIA.

I doubt his immigration status will affect this, however, if I am wrong, a senior member will advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">