• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Contessa

What is the name of your state?Anderson,South Carolina

My name is contessa Williams And I was but up for adoption when I was 2 months old and was later adopted my parents now the Williams, but I have discovered that my birth cerifcted and social Secrity card was in two different last names and I was told by two different lawyers two different things one told me that I would have to pay to get the records unsealed and the other told me the same thing but the first told I would have to pay for the name change and the other said that I wouldn't have to pay because that was not my fault i really need this problem to be fix because of the name mess I can't get a state ID or drivers licsenses. Or is there something else I can do or get to recieve those things. Untill I can get the mony to pay for the name change.

seniorjudge

Contessa said:
What is the name of your state?Anderson,South Carolina

My name is contessa Williams And I was but up for adoption when I was 2 months old and was later adopted my parents now the Williams, but I have discovered that my birth cerifcted and social Secrity card was in two different last names and I was told by two different lawyers two different things one told me that I would have to pay to get the records unsealed and the other told me the same thing but the first told I would have to pay for the name change and the other said that I wouldn't have to pay because that was not my fault i really need this problem to be fix because of the name mess I can't get a state ID or drivers licsenses. Or is there something else I can do or get to recieve those things. Untill I can get the mony to pay for the name change.
You may have to pay to get records changed; ask the people who will need to change the records.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">