• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adj1024@charter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? atlanta ga, I have been divorced from my
x-huband for 6 years and now I am remarried. I have a son who is now 11, my new husband wants to adopt my son, and my son wants to change his last name to my present husband. I know where the father lives, he has not called him in six years or attempt to see him and does not pay child support, he said let the person, that I am married to take care of him. What can i do?

Last edited:

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? atlanta ga, I have been divorced from my
x-huband for 6 years and now I am remarried. I have a son who is now 11, my new husband wants to adopt my son, and my son wants to change his last name to my present husband. I knw where the father lives, he has not called him in six years or attempt to see him and does not pay child support, he said let the person, that I am married to take care of him. What can i do?
please delete your other thread. or lock it. Thank you.

is there a court order for child support? how long have you been remarried? if husband wants to adopt, you want husband to adopt, dad consents to husband adopting, then by all means, go forward with the adoption. do get a lawyer. this isn't a do it yourself project.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">