• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daycinguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
HELLO AND I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP WITH MY QUESTIONS. I HAVE A 9 YEAR OLD STEPSON THAT HAS LIVED WITH ME SINCE HE WAS 9 MONTHS OLD. HIS MOTHER AND I HAVE BEEN TOGETHER YHIS WHOLE TIME. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS. HIS NATURAL FATHER HAS NOT SEEN HIM SINCE HE WAS 3 MONTHS OLD. SHE HAS BEEN TO COURT A COUPLE OF TIMES ORDERED BY THE COURTS BECAUSE OF HIM NOT PAYING ANY CHILD SUPPORT. THE LAST TIME THEYWENT TO COURT SHE ASKED HIM IF I COULD HAVE FULL CHILD SUPPORT "ADOPT". HE SAID HE DID NOT CARE AT ALL AND TO GO AHEAD. HOW DO MY WIFE AND I GET MYSELF TO BE CUSTODIAL PARENT AND CHANGE OUR SON'S LAST NAME. I HAVE NO IDEA AND STRUGGLING TO PUT HIM ON INSURANCE AND OTHER STUFF. PLEASE HELP.

woco518

is an adoption a binding contract?

and if so can the adoptive mother get out of it, lets say because the adoptive kid is being bad in school. the reason i am asking is because i was recently told the family member that adopted my daughter has given custody to her mom. is that legal?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
and if so can the adoptive mother get out of it, lets say because the adoptive kid is being bad in school. the reason i am asking is because i was recently told the family member that adopted my daughter has given custody to her mom. is that legal?
Start your own thread - don't hijack

Silverplum

Please start your own thread, so your situation can get the individual attention it deserves. Begin by listing the state in which the adoption occurred.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">