• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christyherbster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? indiana
back in 2006 my rights were terminated. not because i was a "bad mom" but because i moved to florida. now my ex husband and my child want me to adopt him. how do i go about this? can it be done? every attorney i have talked to have never had a case like this and no one wants to take it let alone give me advice. some one please help me!!

Just Blue

back in 2006 my rights were terminated. not because i was a "bad mom" but because i moved to florida. now my ex husband and my child want me to adopt him. how do i go about this? can it be done? every attorney i have talked to have never had a case like this and no one wants to take it let alone give me advice. some one please help me!!
Your parental rights are NOT TERMINATED for moving. D you mean your visitation rights??

momofrose

Rights are not terminated because you moved. If your rights WERE terminated - you would no longer be the legal mom and you would have to adopt him - you would go through an adoption attorney..but again...parental rights are not terminated because you moved to Florida.

Gracie3787

Before we can even begin to help you we need to know the EXACT wording of the court order that terminated your parental rights. Please post that, leaving out identifying info, and we can help you know what steps to take.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">