• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunny71

TN. I'm married 10 years to this guy. He went out and had a kid with someone else . I accepted the child as my own and have raised him since age one and he's 9 years old now . I'm fighting to get a divorce from this man but he's just not willing to give me and still lives with me and ambushed me in every possible way.. I'm stuck. He says he will give me mutual adoption rights and is holding it over me to make me do unimaginable things . I'm taking it for te sake of this child as I love him as my own. Our final hearing date is next month. Once it's done I will get him arrested for domestic violence as its unbearable. Can he then revoke my adoption rights?

Proserpina

TN. I'm married 10 years to this guy. He went out and had a kid with someone else . I accepted the child as my own and have raised him since age one and he's 9 years old now . I'm fighting to get a divorce from this man but he's just not willing to give me and still lives with me and ambushed me in every possible way.. I'm stuck. He says he will give me mutual adoption rights and is holding it over me to make me do unimaginable things . I'm taking it for te sake of this child as I love him as my own. Our final hearing date is next month. Once it's done I will get him arrested for domestic violence as its unbearable. Can he then revoke my adoption rights?
"Mutual adoption rights"? Exactly what has he told you about "mutual adoption rights"?

Where is the child's other parent?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The child's mother is.... where? Unless her rights have been actually, LEGALLY terminated (and I'm going to guess they were not), she will need to be involved AND consent. Did your husband actually LEGALLY establish paternity?

What PROOF do you have of the abuse?

You REALLY need a lawyer!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why posting history is often interesting. How's the "wife", sunny?

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Please advise me on the following:

I am on J2 visa (with work auth.) and my wife's J1 status expires in July, 2007... My current employer may be willing to sponsor me on H1 B visa ...

My wife's J1 has a 2 year home rule...She will complete 3 1/2 years on this visa. Does she require to file for a 2 year HRR waiver. If yes when should she file it? when is the right time and how long does it take. Also can she continue on J1 after the waiver.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">