• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption, cant get my legal papers ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

susan brennan

Hello out here my last cry for help . I am a birth mom searching for my daughter born on 12/12/77 In Port Jefferson Long Island .
Placed for adoption in Nassau County by dept of welfare. And Adopted threw Mineola Surrogate court. I have a problem, i've asked for my legal papers i sighned years ago they say im not allowed them not even my relinquish papers. Also trying to find someone in long Island that has knowledge of looking threw any legal books or Minute books on adoptions that can help me ..I relinquished her at 5 months old it was on May 18th or 19th,1978 . I do have her original Birth Certificate ,,,

LegalBeagle

susan brennan said:
Hello out here my last cry for help . I am a birth mom searching for my daughter born on 12/12/77 In Port Jefferson Long Island .
Placed for adoption in Nassau County by dept of welfare. And Adopted threw Mineola Surrogate court. I have a problem, i've asked for my legal papers i sighned years ago they say im not allowed them not even my relinquish papers. Also trying to find someone in long Island that has knowledge of looking threw any legal books or Minute books on adoptions that can help me ..I relinquished her at 5 months old it was on May 18th or 19th,1978 . I do have her original Birth Certificate ,,,
Have you tried the state adoption agency that you dealt with? You really are not going to get very far. Legally you have absolutely no rights. The child may not even know they are adopted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">