• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption/Child Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaydixon0409

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Is it to late to fight for custody for my 3 year old daughter? I adopted her June 2011. I haven't been able to see her since March 2012 because her biological mother(ex-girlfriend) refuses to give me custody of her.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Is it to late to fight for custody for my 3 year old daughter? I adopted her June 2011. I haven't been able to see her since March 2012 because her biological mother(ex-girlfriend) refuses to give me custody of her.
What do you mean when you say that you "adopted her"?

Proserpina

What do you mean when you say that you "adopted her"?

This is critical!

If OP adopted as a single person, there's so much wrong here that it's hard to begin.

If it was a stepparent adoption (doesn't seem that way either), that's different.

But either way - she's had the child for THREE YEARS and OP hasn't acted?!

:confused:

elizabeth1

help

I'm not sure if anyone is on right now but here is my issue. my daughters "father" and i had her in July 2006, he and i took a paternity test as i was not sure who her father was. i had slept with two different men around the time i got pregnant. i admitted this to both of them and agreed to the test. after the test my daughters "father" and i went to court and he got had visitation, with my encouragement, but never come to see her. he then stopped all contact after her fist birthday. he has sent me facebook massages before one every few years after his taxes where taken for back support or out of his check but i did not respond as told not to by a lawyer. the ex never pushed anything or sent more then one massage. three years ago i started dating my finance and he has been raising my daughter with me since we got engaged in July of this year and he wants to adopt my daughter she want this to. she was the one who brought it up. she calls my finance daddy and views him as her father. she does know she has a biological dad, and i have told her when she asks about him that he loved her but was not ready to be a dad when she was born, but that she did nothing wrong and is loved by so many people. a few days ago my ex sent me an other massage and asked to see her. it has been 8 years of not seeing my daughter. he did once in 2012 file to see her but then did not show up for court. what should i do?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm not sure if anyone is on right now but here is my issue. my daughters "father" and i had her in July 2006, he and i took a paternity test as i was not sure who her father was. i had slept with two different men around the time i got pregnant. i admitted this to both of them and agreed to the test. after the test my daughters "father" and i went to court and he got had visitation, with my encouragement, but never come to see her. he then stopped all contact after her fist birthday. he has sent me facebook massages before one every few years after his taxes where taken for back support or out of his check but i did not respond as told not to by a lawyer. the ex never pushed anything or sent more then one massage. three years ago i started dating my finance and he has been raising my daughter with me since we got engaged in July of this year and he wants to adopt my daughter she want this to. she was the one who brought it up. she calls my finance daddy and views him as her father. she does know she has a biological dad, and i have told her when she asks about him that he loved her but was not ready to be a dad when she was born, but that she did nothing wrong and is loved by so many people. a few days ago my ex sent me an other massage and asked to see her. it has been 8 years of not seeing my daughter. he did once in 2012 file to see her but then did not show up for court. what should i do?
Please start a new thread, rather than hijacking an existing one. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">