• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is adoption and option?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

User:Name

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I have an almost 6 year old who I've had since he was 2 days old but have only had custody since he was about 2 1/2. He is not related to me. Mom has supervised visitation that she has not shown up for since October. She never calls. We have a child support order but she is not working or paying for the past 2 or 3 months. Dad was just released from prison. He has been there for the child's whole life for selling crack over and over to informants with children present. He calls once a week but has never met him in person. I know I would need an attorney and would never attempt to even try to adopt without one. I'm just wondering what would have to happen for me to be able to adopt him. I'm sure it's pretty unlikely that it's even an option at this point but I'd like to know if it's even worth dreaming about. Thanks

I'mTheFather

If you click on your username, then click on View Forum Posts, you'll be taken to a list of your posts. I think this is the one:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/enough-supervised-612910.html#post3322736

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">