• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KimberlyHend

What is the name of your state?
Maryland

Currently we have custody of a beautiful little baby that is 6 and a half months old.The birth mom and her husband made the choice of adoption.However, their is a possibility of another guy being the possible biological father.A notice was sent to him in which he contested the adoption.Then he changed his mind and was going to sign off his rights, but still has not done so.He is unsure what he is going to do.Now a courtdate has been set and the baby will be 9 months old when this finally goes to court.No dna test has been done.I was wondering who would be responsible for the dna test? This other guy has not proven paternity,has done absolutely nothing but sent in forms to contest the adoption.The birth mom has not received a cent from this guy,and he has never seen this baby.Couldn't he have filed for something by now even to see his child if he wanted this baby so much? Any information would be greatly appreciated... :rolleyes:

nextwife

Please tell me you are NOT trying to do an adoption WITHOUT an attorney!!!!!!!!

What has your attorney told you? Possible dad needs to establish he IS biodad via a paternity test.

Why not have the AGREEABLE husband get a DNA test and establish if he IS biodad? If so, this other guy is out of the picture legally and has no claim.

Last edited:

KimberlyHend

adoption questions

No---I am not trying to adopt without an attorney.I have an attorney, however i am seeking more advice.I am currently not too comfortable with my attorney.While he is an adoption attorney I am not sure of how great this attorney is for contested adoptions.I was just wondering if someone had advice or has went through a similar situation.This is for free legal advice...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">