• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bladerusher28

What is the name of your state? california
i have been asked by child support services in california to hand them a copy of my daughter's adoption that occured in the state of georgia a few years ago. how can i obtain that if i have lost my father's rights since i did not attend the court hearing?:confused:

upset_wisconsin

You can probalby call the agency or the city in which you adopted the child i am adopted from texas and i know that there they keep it on file and you can request another one

nextwife

I believe the postor is referring to the adoption of his biodaughter by his ex's husband. The purpose is to establish a cut off with CS after the adoption. As he was not there, he has no documnets to prove to CS that the child was adopted by the Step-parent.

Correct?

If so, the termination of your parental rights should be available to you from the court records in that county. In our county, it is children's court that has jurisdiction. The subsequent adoption record is likely sealed from you, as you no longer were a legal parent at that time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">