• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption ? regarding biological father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tasheicad

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? oregon

I have a adoption in progress that will be complete in aprox. a week. the biological father had signed off as well. all is smooth but this last saterday i out of the blue recived a email from the biological father whom do mind you has never ever seen my daughter and had not even wanted this dear child. but he is now married and has had a vesectomy and hmm he emailed me saying that he wants to come get my daughter in october and thinks he could get partial custody. but like i have said the adoption is final in about a week. can he have that right to come see her even if he has never seen her and he just wants a child due to he had a vesectomy and now that he is remairred he wants a child.

tigger22472

tasheicad said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? oregon

I have a adoption in progress that will be complete in aprox. a week. the biological father had signed off as well. all is smooth but this last saterday i out of the blue recived a email from the biological father whom do mind you has never ever seen my daughter and had not even wanted this dear child. but he is now married and has had a vesectomy and hmm he emailed me saying that he wants to come get my daughter in october and thinks he could get partial custody. but like i have said the adoption is final in about a week. can he have that right to come see her even if he has never seen her and he just wants a child due to he had a vesectomy and now that he is remairred he wants a child.

He's already signed off on the paper. It is now his duty if he feels the need to stop this to petition the court to do so. Does he have visitation rights as of this moment court ordered? His calling makes no difference as the paperwork is in order, again he can petition the court but he would then have to prove as to why he signed the papers and now changing his mind, as well as why he's not had contact in all these years.

If the adoption is granted then a TPR will go with that leaving him without rights and so no you would not have to send the child to visitation. In fact he would have no legal right to contact you at all.

My advice, ignore the e-mail for now.

tasheicad

replying to your questions

oregon :

To answer you there has never been a court ordered custody action. the only court order is for him to pay child suport in which he does not. and in the papers it states i have the type of custody that sence she has been with me and not him when the petion had been ordered i got the custody portion. but it states that this is not a custody order this is a child suport order by the state and Department Of Human Services.
if you can give me further information i would apreciate it and i just want to know if i have the right to tell him no.
thank you.
tasheicad

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">