• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption of stepchild in Louisiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lakjunkutie

I live In Louisiana with my husband, stepdaughter, and my three biological children. We have been married 5 years and together a few years before that. I would like to adopt my stepdaughter, her biological mother is deceased. I was wondering how the process worked and how long the process takes. My husband and I would both like this to happen but we are not sure of any hurdles we may have.
Any advice would be helpful thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Gracie3787

I live In Louisiana with my husband, stepdaughter, and my three biological children. We have been married 5 years and together a few years before that. I would like to adopt my stepdaughter, her biological mother is deceased. I was wondering how the process worked and how long the process takes. My husband and I would both like this to happen but we are not sure of any hurdles we may have.
Any advice would be helpful thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
The best thing to do will be for you to get a consult with a local adoption attorney. Since the mother is deceased, the process *should* be fairly easy, but you definately should get a consult before you begin the process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">