• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoptions in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joem52

What is the name of your state? Texas, My two daughters were adopted by my current wife when they were 3 and 6 as their birth mother died after the birth of the youngest daughter. Their mother was from the Netherlands and now that they are older (22 and 19) they are interested in getting there EU citizenship. The problem is that the dutch consulate needs a recent copy of their birth certificate with the biological mothers name on it. My 22 year old daughter went to the Bureau of Vital Statistics and was told that this was impossible to do and there is nothing that she can do about it. Is this correct?What is the name of your state?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Texas, My two daughters were adopted by my current wife when they were 3 and 6 as their birth mother died after the birth of the youngest daughter. Their mother was from the Netherlands and now that they are older (22 and 19) they are interested in getting there EU citizenship. The problem is that the dutch consulate needs a recent copy of their birth certificate with the biological mothers name on it. My 22 year old daughter went to the Bureau of Vital Statistics and was told that this was impossible to do and there is nothing that she can do about it. Is this correct?What is the name of your state?
Yes, it's correct. Adoption is forever, of course.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">