• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adotpion in Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EllyBelly

Is it legal or illegal to use a facilitator in Pennsylvania for adoption? I have heard both. I am currently using and agency but want to reach out to as many avenues as I can doing my own search and networking. I know that it is illegal to "pay" for a child and am thinking that PA Law may construe paying a facilitor's fees as paying for a child.
Thank you for your help.
Ellen

nextwife

Is this a domestic or interrnational adoption? The use of faciliators in international adoption, regardless of what the controlling home state may be, is almost a must in certain countries. Have you contacted your state Dept. Of Family Services? I know that in my state everything, including the home study had to be run through and approved by the State of WI BEFORE we could even obtain a DHS Visa. I am certain some of the PA families on my Web groups DID pay facilitators for their services in the origin countries of their kids. They collect the orphanage reimbursements, the court appearance fees, the translation fees, the medical exam fees, etc.

Last edited:

momofrose

You should call your home study agency or social worker to see if it is legal to use a facilitator in Pennsylvania. I am not sure the difference between paying for an agency and their fees vs a faciitator (or attorney) and their fees.

D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">