• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anybody know a gutsy attorney willing to take on the state of IL? Other parents?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blc_822

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Are you the parent of an adopted child whose full history was not provided to you by your adoption agency, an adopted child who is now a threat to himself and/or others? This is not a tirade against adoption. I have several adopted children, all wonderful except for the sex offender who raped younger children in the community.

Do you know that children who brutally rape other children are most often returned to regular foster care where they continue to prey on new victims with every move?

This is not a secret to the dozens and dozens of families across the U.S. who are living this nightmare. It's no secret to the agency workers who look the other way and allow this to happen.It IS a secret to the unsuspecting foster parents who welcome these offenders into their homes.

Does anyone know an attorney who handles wrongful adoption cases? Or an attorney with experience in this area who can advise me? Those in my area won't touch it. I'm not trying to get some big settlement. I want to stop this from happening to other families.

nextwife

I wish I knew someone, but I wish you luck. This callous disregard for the safety of others in the home, simply out of a desire to ease the state's financial burden, needs to be publicly addressed and rebuked. Perhaps a class action lawsuit? I'm sure there are other families, it's just a matter of finding them. Unfortunately, most of the stories I've heard involve some older kids adopted from Russia or Ukraine, so I am no help to you.

Perhaps go onto some post adoptive support lists and ask the listowners for permission to request other families similar stories?

Don't even try it on lists with preadoptive parents. They usually just want to hear hearts and flowers tales of how much you fell in love with them from their referral photo, and what carseat and crib is best to buy!!!!

Last edited:

nextwife

May I suggest a RAD support list to locate other families? And maybe a FAS/FAE, as many kids in foster also had prenatal exposures?

ktdad

Successful Illinois "Wrongful Adoption" plaintiff

undefined

I realize that it's been a while since the posting below. However, my wife and I won a settlement 3 years ago after filing a Wrongful Adoption suit against a (private) Illinois adoption agency. It was soley based on the agency's surpressed information about the birthparents, prenatal and postnatal conditions.

If you're interested in the details and/or attorney's info, let me know.

ndfan0

blc_822 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

Are you the parent of an adopted child whose full history was not provided to you by your adoption agency, an adopted child who is now a threat to himself and/or others? This is not a tirade against adoption. I have several adopted children, all wonderful except for the sex offender who raped younger children in the community.

Do you know that children who brutally rape other children are most often returned to regular foster care where they continue to prey on new victims with every move?

This is not a secret to the dozens and dozens of families across the U.S. who are living this nightmare. It's no secret to the agency workers who look the other way and allow this to happen.It IS a secret to the unsuspecting foster parents who welcome these offenders into their homes.

Does anyone know an attorney who handles wrongful adoption cases? Or an attorney with experience in this area who can advise me? Those in my area won't touch it. I'm not trying to get some big settlement. I want to stop this from happening to other families.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">