• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back child support and adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MorganRay

What is the name of your state? Indiana
Birth Mother's Mom adopted my sons little girl age 7 . He was ordered to take DNA and then ordered for child support when she was a infant. He paid for several years then quit because the Birth Mother and Grandmother refused his rights to visits. They gave him a really hard time. I believe they got the adoption to go through with abandment. They were ordered to put his name on birth certificate when he was ordered to pay child support and to change her last name to his. They never did this . He did not have the fiances to take them back to court. His license was revoked 3 years ago for back child support. Now that the adoption has taken place and he did not sign does he have to pay the back child support to the state if she was getting assistance before the adoption? He needs his license to work and has a new baby on the way with his wife now.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Indiana
Birth Mother's Mom adopted my sons little girl age 7 . He was ordered to take DNA and then ordered for child support when she was a infant. He paid for several years then quit because the Birth Mother and Grandmother refused his rights to visits. They gave him a really hard time. I believe they got the adoption to go through with abandment. They were ordered to put his name on birth certificate when he was ordered to pay child support and to change her last name to his. They never did this . He did not have the fiances to take them back to court. His license was revoked 3 years ago for back child support. Now that the adoption has taken place and he did not sign does he have to pay the back child support to the state if she was getting assistance before the adoption? He needs his license to work and has a new baby on the way with his wife now.
Of course he does. If he wanted to see his child, he could have filed for contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">