• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bio father terminating rights adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dru42023

What is the name of your state? Indiana, I being the biological father have chosen to give up my rights to my son who is 1 years old to his mother and her new husband who has agreed to adopt him. he has been with him since day one, but before this i took her to court to set up custody and support well the judge screwed me. so they are taking $150.00 a week out of my check still after i signed the waiver. they say it is pending final adoption papers, they have already been to court and everything went ok my question is how long does it take to stop the support from coming out of my check please help?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Until the adoption is final, I believe you are responsible for helping to support your child.

VeronicaGia

Also, the adoption will terminate your obligation to any future support, but if you have arrears you will still have to pay those. FYI!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">