• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Biological fathers rights regarding child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dakotasks

I currently live in Colorado. I moved here from Arizona because I was pregnant. I am planning on giving the baby up for adoption. However, the father is seriously considering keeping the baby.

What does the law say about his rights concerning the baby?Does it matter that he currently resides in Arizona and the baby will be born in Colorado?
How long does he have to decide? I already have a family in mind for the baby.

Please reply soon.... I don't have much longer.
Thank you very much.... :) DAKOTA

MySonsMom

In order for an adoption to be done, both the Father and Mother need to agree and sign for it to proceed. If this Father wants to take responsibility for his child, then there is nothing you can do. Is there a reason that you would not want him to raise this child? He could find a nice gal that could adopt the child and raise him/her together. Good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">