• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Birth Fathers Privacy Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmd

What is the name of your state?
Indiana

My husband at the age of 20 gave up his rights to a child that he fathered with a girlfriend when he was 17. Her husband then adopted the child. However, there was no paternity established through DNA.

My question is, since he gave up the child, what kind of privacy rights does he have? We have found out that his mother has been going behind his back and visiting this child, after he has firmly told her to respect his privacy. She informed him that it is her right and that she had something drawn up so that she could have rights to visitation. Is this possiable?
What exactly are his rights? Is there really any way to enforce this legally?

Thank you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I suspect that the child parents have every right to allow contact with his mother if they so choose. He no longer has any say in who they allow their child to spend time with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">