• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boyfriend wants to adopt my dauhter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mymindisblank

What is the name of your state? pa

Hi i have a two year old daughter in a month she is going to be 3. My boyfriend wants to adopt her we are planning on getting married. He has been in her life since she is 3 months. He bio. dad has never had anything to do with her. He asked for a test to prove she was his when we got it back I wrote him a letter saying him and his new wife could come see her when ever however he couldn't take her anywhere until they got to know each other. It took us a little over a year to locate him for the test. He wants nothing to do with her.

My boyfriend is her father in every way he stepped up to the plate. He is leaving soon for boot camp then going over sea's for the war. We needed to know if he could adopt her with out us being married right now.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? pa

Hi i have a two year old daughter in a month she is going to be 3. My boyfriend wants to adopt her we are planning on getting married. He has been in her life since she is 3 months. He bio. dad has never had anything to do with her. He asked for a test to prove she was his when we got it back I wrote him a letter saying him and his new wife could come see her when ever however he couldn't take her anywhere until they got to know each other. It took us a little over a year to locate him for the test. He wants nothing to do with her.

My boyfriend is her father in every way he stepped up to the plate. He is leaving soon for boot camp then going over sea's for the war. We needed to know if he could adopt her with out us being married right now.
No.

Google "Step-parent Adoption" for your state.

Most states require you to be married for a year or more (to show some stability) and you and your boyfriend will have to have evaluations beforehand. This is not an easy process and is quite expensive.

Plus Dad will have to agree.

Get an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">