• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bypass district go straight to circuit court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barbara horton

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? va. I asked about adoption aganist fathers wishes in the forum under custody and visitation. I didnt see the adoption thread til now .sorry if I posted under wrong forum. Anyway to refresh your memory,my husband and I have had custody of our 3 grandkids over 4 years. The mother,my daughter will agree to adoption but not the father.He has just been sentenced to 4 years in jail again We talked to an attorney who said since we have had them over 3 years we can bypass district court and go straight to curcuit . I thought if kids are involved it goes to juvinile and domestic. Can anyone tell me how this works? When I ask the lawyer she just said "oh,you usually go to district but we may be able to go straight to circuit" but didnt explain why we go to different courts .Can anyone explain it all to me?? Thank you

Barbara Horton

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">