• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Felon's adopt??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorriedMom08

There isn't a story. I mentioned they are not close. They were not living near one another when the crime happened. His brother does not talk to his mother. That would have been the only way to know. Johnsonville New York far as I know is not near Albany, New york. Plus his girlfriend that the incident happened with thinks its better he not talks to his family. I also didn't need to know when I met my now husband that his brother was in prison. I didn't know him and now I regret meeting him

Shay-Pari'e

I suppose he didn't feel the need to look into it until they told us about it. My husband did not know about the felony just the misdemeanor. Plus they really aren't very close and really just started talking when we had plans to go ahead with the adoption about last November. Which I thought I knew enough to trust them and I did not. We did it because his wife cannot have children of her own and she really wanted to be a mother. I know she will take care of him but I am worried about him...
Gotta love your sig line.:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
There isn't a story. I mentioned they are not close. They were not living near one another when the crime happened. His brother does not talk to his mother. That would have been the only way to know. Johnsonville New York far as I know is not near Albany, New york. Plus his girlfriend that the incident happened with thinks its better he not talks to his family. I also didn't need to know when I met my now husband that his brother was in prison. I didn't know him and now I regret meeting him
Did you read what I posted? It takes six months to finalize an adoption. It is NOT final yet if the child is only four months old. Hence you could revoke HOWEVER a court could overturn such revocation. Try to comprehend, will you?

WorriedMom08

Also I am asking advice about whether he can adopt a child. and or have weapons in his home after committing the crime he did which included a rifle. I just wanna know if something can be done about it and can I try and get "child" into a safer home

I don't need advice on why my husband doesn't know his brothers past.

WorriedMom08

Try to have a heart will you!!! ALL I want to know is if he can adopt I didn't ask if I could change my mind. I want to know if he can get in trouble for lying about his background history. If he can then I will proceed to do what I need to do. Don't tell me I can't comprehend what your saying. I already know I can do that. BUT that is not what I was asking

Just Blue

Also I am asking advice about whether he can adopt a child. and or have weapons in his home after committing the crime he did which included a rifle. I just wanna know if something can be done about it and can I try and get "child" into a safer home

I don't need advice on why my husband doesn't know his brothers past.
But you obviously need advice on how to care for the children you bring into this world.

Shay-Pari'e

Or widowed, or divorced from dad but still calls them sister and brother in law. Or is about to be divorced from husband because the child isn't the husband's biological child.

In any case, I also vote for K-DAR.

In one of her post's she said she was married to bio dad, but I see how that could have been confusing.

For once we agree on something.

Drinks anyone? I've had Rico pretty busy this last month with family, and Vegas. He is now refreshed and taking orders.

Just Blue

Try to have a heart will you!!! ALL I want to know is if he can adopt I didn't ask if I could change my mind. I want to know if he can get in trouble for lying about his background history. If he can then I will proceed to do what I need to do. Don't tell me I can't comprehend what your saying. I already know I can do that. BUT that is not what I was asking
If you are concerned for the child then rescind the adoption. WHO CARES IF HE IS LEGALLY ABLE TO ADOPT?? If you are worried, then rescind the adoption.

Last edited by a moderator:

WorriedMom08

You do not know me to judge me on how I take care of my kids. Again you do not know me. I ask advice and all these IMMATURE people respond. This isn't a place for advice it is a place for criticism and it's BS. You haven't met me u know nothing about me I advise you keep your mouth shut about things you do not know!!!

WorriedMom08

I am not stupid. I would appreciate you not being so damn rude. I can ask whatever I want and all u can do is run your mouth this is the internet....not a lifestyle

Just Blue

You do not know me to judge me on how I take care of my kids. Again you do not know me. I ask advice and all these IMMATURE people respond. This isn't a place for advice it is a place for criticism and it's BS. You haven't met me u know nothing about me I advise you keep your mouth shut about things you do not know!!!
GO SEEK LEGAL COUNSEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">