• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my boyfriend adopt my daughter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Indiana Filer

I want a marriage...let me explain why I won't do it at the court. I did that with my ex and my family is very religious. There fore I went almost a year without half of my family talking to me because of it...I will not go thru that one again. I dont care about the party, I care about the ceremony...or have you never been to a wedding? The ceremony is before the party...remember? And with my family it will be a religious ceremony.
Then ask your priest, rabbi, minister (insert any other title for clergy) perform a ceremony in the church some afternoon so that you can be married (in your family's view) in the eyes of god. You could wear a nice skirt and sweater that you already own, your man could be in khakis or slacks that he already owns. Your costs would be for the license and a small stipend for the clergy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">