• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can She "Kick Me Out"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DKLND

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I am an adopted child i have been adopted since i was 10 i am now 17 i turn 18 January 3 2017 but my adopted mother threatens to kick me out by december 2nd of 2016 can she do that ? because I am not able to obtain and apartment until i am 18. How can i go about this in time to get out of her house by december 2nd. I don't want to be somewhere i am not welcomed

commentator

What have you done that has made you unwelcome in her house until January? Stop doing that, and hang on. Come on, two months?

DKLND

December 2nd

What have you done that has made you unwelcome in her house until January? Stop doing that, and hang on. Come on, two months?
I have to be gone by december 2nd I'm not sure if you read that part or not but that is the date she gave me I don't have two months. I am i great student i do very well in school i work and i take care of most of the responsibilities of keep up the house and i have done so for many years since i have been here just one instance caused this result.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I have to be gone by december 2nd I'm not sure if you read that part or not but that is the date she gave me I don't have two months. I am i great student i do very well in school i work and i take care of most of the responsibilities of keep up the house and i have done so for many years since i have been here just one instance caused this result.
But what was that one instance? One instance of violence versus one instance of missing curfew is two very, very different things.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
(1) You being adopted is irrelevant. The adoption was finalized long ago and cannot be undone.

(2) "Threatened" is different from actually doing.

(3) So... what is this "one instance"? It really does make a difference. Like, our answer is going to be different if the issue was you giving Mom some attitude (see Quincy's advice) as opposed to taking a baseball bat and going on a rampage throughout the house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">