• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mefb

What is the name of your state?
State is PA - we are legal guardians for my niece. She was adopted by her siblings father when she was young. After the divorce he changed his mind and would only take his two biological children for visits before not paying support for any of them. When her mother died in 2001, he owed the estate alot in back support. My niece's biological father died when she was an infant. Now that she is college age, can she qualify for as an orphan for any scholarships, grants, etc.?

mefb

We want the 2 younger children to not know how bad it was - signing over the debt with a promise to let us keep the 3 together. He went back on the deal after financials in place a while - he has his 2 biological children and we want to make sure they all stay in touch with us all (without hurting them by finding out the truth.)

BelizeBreeze

There is no statute of limitations on Child support arrears. So, what exactly is this 'agreement' and was it ever submitted to the court?

mefb

The courts have it, done deal. I was only wondering about the college issue - he's just a real sot - kids all over the place, no money, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">