• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Catholic Charities....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

424Smudge

What is the name of your state? IL

Anyone ever gone through Catholic Charities before for adoption services? We are looking into them but I wanted to see if anyone had any imput on them here. Pros or Cons

Litigation!

424Smudge said:

Anyone ever gone through Catholic Charities before for adoption services? We are looking into them but I wanted to see if anyone had any imput on them here. Pros or Cons

My response:

The name is a "front." Actually, they are Jewish, and they usually send you a kid ready for a Bar-Mitzfa.

IAAL

HomeGuru

424Smudge said:

**A: I have but in another state.

nextwife

There are a number of online web-support groups that maintain registries of agencies and user feedbacks.

Keep in mind that an agency that may be great in China, for example, may have limited contacts in Belarus. An agency that has a good reputation in International may not be as good for domestic, and so on. The feedback and capability will vary from country to country, and also vary depending upon the political state of adoption law in that nation AT THE TIME of the reporting parties adoption quest. So, say I adopted from Bulgaria in the late 1990s and had a good experience, the experience of a family adopting now, during the changeover in laws and systems since BG joined the EU, may be very uncomplimentary.

http://www.karensadoptionlinks.com/agency.html

GAARP-Adopt, a website for older adoptive parents adopting from all situations (foster-to-adopt, grandparent adoption, single adoption, international adoption) has many individuals who will likely be willing to write off-list and share their experiences and input.

I'd also suggest checking the Attorney General's Consumer Protection offices for any states involved for feedback.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">