• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child wants termination of step parent adoption after 6 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

namissgirly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Indiana

Hello, I am a 17 year old girl who has been adopted by my step father. My bio father has never been apart of my life and terminated his rights when this adoption took place about 6-7 years ago. My step father has not acted in any way like a father to me and ignores the fact that we live in the same home. Although my half brother and sister are treated like his children simply for the fact that they are biologically rather than just legally. Is there any way to terminate this adoption? It took place in Florida but we now live in Indiana. He does not act and has never acted as a father to me and doesn't speak to me even though we live under the same roof. I don't want him to legally be my father, so is there any way to terminate this if it is what I (being the child) wants?

cyjeff

Agreed. You cannot threaten him with "undoing" the adoption.

Have you actually talked, not screamed or yelled, about this with your mother and father? He is, by the way, your father now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">