• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

children of opposite gender sharing a room

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NicoletteWalls

I live in Texas

My brother & his ex girlfriend lost parental rights to their son.

Me & my husband want to adopt him.
We have more than enough room in our apparent. It's huge. However it's only 2 bedrooms & this would mean that my nephew & daughter would have to share a room until our lease is up and we buy a house in July of 2016

My mother in law told me it's illegal for children of opposite genders to share a room, does anyone know more about this?

NicoletteWalls

I'll ask the CPS case worker tomorrow but it has me all kinds of worried and upset that we won't be able to get custody of my nephew.

Just Blue

I live in Texas

My brother & his ex girlfriend lost parental rights to their son.

Me & my husband want to adopt him.
We have more than enough room in our apparent. It's huge. However it's only 2 bedrooms & this would mean that my nephew & daughter would have to share a room until our lease is up and we buy a house in July of 2016

My mother in law told me it's illegal for children of opposite genders to share a room, does anyone know more about this?
How old are these children?
Who has custody of the nephew now?
Is your MIL an attorney?

NicoletteWalls

My nephew will be 2 in December.
My daughter will be 2 in January.
My brother's ex's grandparents have him for now but they are in their 80s and not willing to adopt him.
No she is not an attorney

Proserpina

My nephew will be 2 in December.
My daughter will be 2 in January.
My brother's ex's grandparents have him for now but they are in their 80s and not willing to adopt him.
No she is not an attorney
Oh good grief - no, there is NOTHING wrong or illegal about this. :)

NicoletteWalls

Thank you! I had heard rumors there's laws about it & some one from WA on another form said it's completely illegal in WA...butttt we are in Texas.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You completely missed my point. But since you've got the right info, no harm done. :)

When someone tells you that oh, no, you can't do that because it's illegal, instead of worrying about it ask them to show you the law. If there really is a law, they'll be able to do so. If they bluster and bluff and don't know where to find it but they KNOW it's illegal, chances are pretty good that they're wrong.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Oh for heaven's sake! They could share a bed and no one would blink! What does your MIL think is going to happen? My two shared a room at their Dad's at 4&6 - and older (F&M). They shared a room with me when we lived in a one BR for a while. At two, it is not a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">