• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Childrens name change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gummybear254

What is the name of your state? Texas
Okay here's my question I have 2 children a 3 year old who's biological father signed over his rights...and a 2 year old who I don't even know who the father is I was drunk on vacation and met a guy and ended up pregnant...so his birth certificate is blank where it says fathers name...I am now married and wonder if there is a way to have their names changed from my madien name to my married name????

chiqu1977

changing names

if their is a fathers name on the birth certificate then you and him both have to sign a affidaviate of corrections but if he gave up his rights meaning signing a legal document then you could fill out the form and give the court the necessary paperwork to change the childrens names

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">