• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Colorado Adoption Emancipation Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lezlyte

Colorado

I'm not sure whether to put this in "Adoption" or "Insurance" but anyways...

I've been in a subsidized adoption since I was six. I am now three months from 19. I recently (two months ago) moved out of my parent's home into an apartment. Before I moved, my mother mentioned something about "emancipation insurance". It had something to do with a new law and the fact that I was in a subsidized adoption meant I could continue the state insurance I had until I was 21. Can anyone point me the the right direction of what I'm looking for and how to go about getting it?

LdiJ

Colorado

I'm not sure whether to put this in "Adoption" or "Insurance" but anyways...

I've been in a subsidized adoption since I was six. I am now three months from 19. I recently (two months ago) moved out of my parent's home into an apartment. Before I moved, my mother mentioned something about "emancipation insurance". It had something to do with a new law and the fact that I was in a subsidized adoption meant I could continue the state insurance I had until I was 21. Can anyone point me the the right direction of what I'm looking for and how to go about getting it?
Have your mother put you in touch with the caseworker who has been handling your case. That's the best place to get the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">