• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confirmation of consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deedeethedog

Washing ton State:

Hello,

Today a social worker attempted to reach my sons Bio father to confirm consent ( which i don't understand)- he went ballistic on her and didn't even let her advise him as to why she was calling. Up until this moment we were just about finished with the case, ready to finalize and make the hearing date.

So, right now I am scared ( of him) and also of the fact that I don't know what to do from here. Can we just go ahead and schedule the hearing anyway and go through with it since he didn't even confirm OR deny? All he did was scream and say terrible things about me.

i cannto understand a law that confirms with someone who has signed termination of parent child relationship papers. It costs hundreds of dollars for the petitioner and i would be willing to bet the scenario we are going through is not uncommon. And VERY painful. If anyone has been through this or knows what the best way for us to proceed it would be greatly appreciated. We do not have enough money to pay for an attorney.

Gracie3787

Washing ton State:

Hello,

Today a social worker attempted to reach my sons Bio father to confirm consent ( which i don't understand)- he went ballistic on her and didn't even let her advise him as to why she was calling. Up until this moment we were just about finished with the case, ready to finalize and make the hearing date.

So, right now I am scared ( of him) and also of the fact that I don't know what to do from here. Can we just go ahead and schedule the hearing anyway and go through with it since he didn't even confirm OR deny? All he did was scream and say terrible things about me.

i cannto understand a law that confirms with someone who has signed termination of parent child relationship papers. It costs hundreds of dollars for the petitioner and i would be willing to bet the scenario we are going through is not uncommon. And VERY painful. If anyone has been through this or knows what the best way for us to proceed it would be greatly appreciated. We do not have enough money to pay for an attorney.
Take the papers to an attorney for a consult to make sure they have been properly signed. A consult will cost very little, and well worth the small cost.

If the papers were signed properly, go ahead and go to court. Give the court the original signed termination paper, then it would be up to the father to show up in court and try to explain why he signed and has now changed his mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">