• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused and stressed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MomsLove8

Oklahoma

Hi there, i have a question that no one seems to beable to answer. My husband and i are in the process of adopting a little girl aged 8. She has been in our home for almost 2 months now and she is very happy and loves us very much. The problem is her biological grandma wants visitation, phone calls etc.The birth mom has had her rights terminated, and this child has been through alot. The grandma does not have a very good background,, she drinks alot,, lost her own children 3 times and failed 3 homestudies. Now grandma has not been in our daughters life hardly at all and all of a sudden she wants visitation and if we dont go by what she wants she says she will go for full adoption, can she do this? Our new daughter cryes because she is afraid her grandma will take her away from us. What are our rights as adoptive parents to protect our little girl from grandma? And does she have anychance to adopt her? Do we have to go by all the things she asks for? Is there a chance we could loose her? Please help we have to go to court with our daughter soon and i realy need some answers. Thankyou :confused

LdiJ

MomsLove8 said:
Oklahoma

Hi there, i have a question that no one seems to beable to answer. My husband and i are in the process of adopting a little girl aged 8. She has been in our home for almost 2 months now and she is very happy and loves us very much. The problem is her biological grandma wants visitation, phone calls etc.The birth mom has had her rights terminated, and this child has been through alot. The grandma does not have a very good background,, she drinks alot,, lost her own children 3 times and failed 3 homestudies. Now grandma has not been in our daughters life hardly at all and all of a sudden she wants visitation and if we dont go by what she wants she says she will go for full adoption, can she do this? Our new daughter cryes because she is afraid her grandma will take her away from us. What are our rights as adoptive parents to protect our little girl from grandma? And does she have anychance to adopt her? Do we have to go by all the things she asks for? Is there a chance we could loose her? Please help we have to go to court with our daughter soon and i realy need some answers. Thankyou :confused
Explain the background of how the child got placed with you, rather than with grandma....or talk to the child's caseworker.

If grandma was actually denied placement, then you really don't have anything to worry about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">