• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Considering Adopting Sisters Unborn Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CrystalV

What is the name of your state? California

Can you please provide me with information on the process of adopting (independent adoption) an unborn child? My sister-in-law is suffering from a physically deteriorating disease; she recently found out that she’s 4 ½ months pregnant. Due to the risk of complicating her health issues, she’s been advised not to terminate the pregnancy. She already has three children (ages 12, 8, 7); and since I’m unable to have children myself, my husband and I are considering adopting the unborn child. Can you please provide me with information on the cheapest possible adoption process?

nextwife

THen hire an experienced ADOPTION attorney to make certain all is done correctly, including correctly establishing paternity and terminating all parental rights. Adoption is too important to do on the cheap- your future child's stablity depends on this being done absolutrely right the first time. You will also need a home study, so look into finding a home study provider, because that takes a while.

Adoption, even with family, is NOT a DIY project.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You CANNOT adopt an UNBORN child. And if sister is NOT married, then the child does not even have a legal father.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No adoption can take place until after the child is born. Before then you can consult with local adoption attorneys, go through the homestudy and whatever else is required and get situated for court that will happen after the child is born IF your sister and her husband are still agreeable. Her husband IS the father of the child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">