• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cought in the middle DCF/Gaurdeian ad litem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sad in Florida

What is the name of your state? Florida
My wife and I are trying to adopt our nephew and nice. I am 35 and she is 27 we already have 3 kids of our own. My problem the foster parent is also trying to get them to she is single and 69 years old. now DCF is all on our side and know that it is not beneficial to leave them with her. but the guardian ad litem (whom she is buddy's with)is trying to give her the kids. We already went to court and lost and now it is being appealed. We went to court thinking that we had a slam dunk case and every one in the court room thought so even her lawyer. but the judge ruled against us but in his ruling he only mentioned the good things about her and barely any thing that was bad for her. Even when our lawyer asked if she ever slapped the boy and she replied "if i have i don't remember". later we found out that she has appeared in front of this judge over 50 times and has been painted as a saint by the guardian ad litem. but our lawyer said we can't do anything about that now. since court we had visitations wit the kids and have filed abuse reports because the kids would come over with cuts and bruises that the boy would tell us that she through stuff at him and pinched both of them till there were visible marks, twice there were open wounds with scabs over them. and one report was founded to be turn but nothing happened to her but the boy said at the next visit as soon as he got in he said he got in trouble for telling the truth. now you should know that she says she loves them "but" she will not hug them they only get one thing to eat at meal time ie.. 1 slice of pizza not any more and this i witnessed. she has 8 kids in her home and only a 7 passenger vehicle.she said in court that the kids get up and get dressed then eat and after they eat and only after they eat then they can talk till the bus comes to pick them up. and shes also said that she would still foster parenting and nothing in her home would change besides therm names. we offered that they would be put in sports and after school activities. they would be able to go on field trips and they would also have money for school sales. but now i realize that our case fell on def ears since the judge obviously had a formulated opinion. any opptions?or suggestions?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? Florida
My wife and I are trying to adopt our nephew and nice. I am 35 and she is 27 we already have 3 kids of our own. My problem the foster parent is also trying to get them to she is single and 69 years old. now DCF is all on our side and know that it is not beneficial to leave them with her. but the guardian ad litem (whom she is buddy's with)is trying to give her the kids. We already went to court and lost and now it is being appealed. We went to court thinking that we had a slam dunk case and every one in the court room thought so even her lawyer. but the judge ruled against us but in his ruling he only mentioned the good things about her and barely any thing that was bad for her. Even when our lawyer asked if she ever slapped the boy and she replied "if i have i don't remember". later we found out that she has appeared in front of this judge over 50 times and has been painted as a saint by the guardian ad litem. but our lawyer said we can't do anything about that now. since court we had visitations wit the kids and have filed abuse reports because the kids would come over with cuts and bruises that the boy would tell us that she through stuff at him and pinched both of them till there were visible marks, twice there were open wounds with scabs over them. and one report was founded to be turn but nothing happened to her but the boy said at the next visit as soon as he got in he said he got in trouble for telling the truth. now you should know that she says she loves them "but" she will not hug them they only get one thing to eat at meal time ie.. 1 slice of pizza not any more and this i witnessed. she has 8 kids in her home and only a 7 passenger vehicle.she said in court that the kids get up and get dressed then eat and after they eat and only after they eat then they can talk till the bus comes to pick them up. and shes also said that she would still foster parenting and nothing in her home would change besides therm names. we offered that they would be put in sports and after school activities. they would be able to go on field trips and they would also have money for school sales. but now i realize that our case fell on def ears since the judge obviously had a formulated opinion. any opptions?or suggestions?
Wow, I really wish I could give you some advice, but the only thing I can think of is to wait out the appeal. In the mean time, continue to gather evidence and at some point maybe you can file to request a new Judge and GAL.
The only other thing is that I will certainly be praying for all of you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">