• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody of my sister

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jaclyn

What is the name of your state? colorado. I have a 16 year old sister. My father kicked her out. I would like to keep her. Is this a custody issue or adoption issue. and where should or where can i start this process. If I can get custody dose she qualify for child support from him?

HomeGuru

jaclyn said:
What is the name of your state? colorado. I have a 16 year old sister. My father kicked her out. I would like to keep her.

**A: are you a cat?
Is this a custody issue or adoption issue. and where should or where can i start this process. If I can get custody dose she qualify for child support from him?

P

poohbear_1976

you can go for custody of your lil sis.all you have to do is go to the local court house and file papers.you want to get a lawyer if you can afford one.and you might want to go for emergecie custody so you can get her out of there asap.that would probably be your best bet.can i just ask one question?where is her mom at this point?i hope i helped a little.and good luck in getting you lil sis out and away from her dad.

S

Sunny-Cali

Pooh,

You are so correct about this site. Someone really needs to moderate this seriously as the "Special" group just use it as a ,"I'm old and ugly, let me get your IP, ban you"

I say "Ban you", because Mary the real moderater does not have a clue and is probobly on meds at this point, because the company has Psyco IAAL who cost's nothing.

You would think he would realize that he is a free attorney on his butt with no real life.

He post's on here way to often to be real, same with Buddy Hex.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You may or may not be able to get custody - a lot will depend on your situation, as well as where Mom is.

H

hexeliebe

Is this a custody issue or adoption issue.
Regardless of what you have been told, this is neither. This is a matter of conservatorship. It will take longer to establish all you need to accomplish for custody (IF both parents waive their custody rights) OR adoption, which won't happen as long as one bio-parent contests it or their parental rights are not terminated.

However, conservatorship is the taking of legal responsibility for a minor and can be accomplished rather quickly. You will need a 'guardian ad litum' for your little sister which will be appointed by the court to act as her 'legal voice' but it's much faster and easier all the way around.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">