• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad In Jail / Can We Adopt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bar_49

What is the name of your state?VA. MY DAUGHTER AND HER HUSBAND GOT INTO DOING AND DEALING DRUGS . THEY HAVE 3 CHILDREN,,,7,5,AND 4 YEAR OLD. THE HUSBAND IS IN JAIL LOOKING AT AT LEAST 2 YEARS FOR CREDIT CARD FRAUD AND MY DAUGHTER IS AWAITING SENTENCING THO SHE THINKS SHE WILL GET PROBATION. HE WAS ALREADY ON PROBATION SO THEY DENIED HIM BOND. HE HAD 9 CHARGES FELONIES AND THEY DROPPED 6. ANYWAY THE SOCIAL SERVICES GAVE ME THE CHANCE OF GETTING TEMP. CUSTODY BEFORE SHE PULLED THEM OUT OF HOME WHICH I DID. THEY STILL TALKED TO JUDGE AND LET HIM NO THE SITUATION SO HE GRANTED ME TEMP. CUSTODY OF ALL 3 WITH SUPERVISED VISITS FOR DAUGHTER. HE PUT IN THE JUDGEMENT W/OUT PREJUSTICE TO THE DAD SINCE HE WAS IN JAIL BUT HE SAIOD THE DAD WOULD STILL HAVE TO COME TO COURT TO GET KIDS BACK IF HE GOT OUT SOON, I WOULD LIKE TO ADOPT THE KIDS. THEY HAVE BEEN THUR AND SEEN SO MUCH THEY WILL NEVER FEEL SAFE WITH EITHER OF THEM AGAIN. THEY WERENT PHYSICALLY ABUSED BUT THEY WERE HOME WHEN DRUGS USED AND SOLD THO I CANT PROVE IT. BUT THE 7 YEAR OLD TALKS ABOUT IT. I DONT LOOK FOR DAD TO GIVE PERMISSION TO ADOPT BUT DAUGHTER WILL. NOT BECAUSE HE CARES SO MUCH FOR THEM BUT BECAUSE HE CONSIDERS THEM HIS PROPERTY AND HE WOULDNT DO IT TO SPITE ME. IS THERE ANYWAY WE CAN DO IT WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION? IF HE GETS A LOT OF TIME DOES THAT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE? I NO I WROTE A LOT AND IM SORRY BUT JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU SOME OF DETAILS. THANK YOU BAR

racer72

Why are you hollering??? Turn off the caps key, it is extremely rude to type in nothing but caps. And don't give me any of the hard to see crap, all moniters can be adjusted for a bigger font.

bar_49

Dad In Jail-can We Adopt?

Sorry If It Hurt Your Ears!!!!i Cant See Good And I Have No Ideal How To Do Anything With A Computer Except Write With The Way It Is....i Guess Everyone Isnt As Sharp As A Tack The Way You Are!too Bad!i Only Wanted Some Advice From Someone Who Knows What They Are Talking About But I Guess I Came To The Wrong Place! Evidently You Have No Ideal What The Answer Is ..hence Your Rude Ignorant Reply.....ever Heard The Old Saying"if You Dont Know What Youre Talking About Just Be Quite"? Ive Got Enough To Deal With Without Being Smartmouthed By A Rude Insensitive Jerk,,,,,did I Scream Loud Enough For You To Hear???

brisgirl825

bar_49 said:
Sorry If It Hurt Your Ears!!!!i Cant See Good And I Have No Ideal How To Do Anything With A Computer Except Write With The Way It Is....i Guess Everyone Isnt As Sharp As A Tack The Way You Are!too Bad!i Only Wanted Some Advice From Someone Who Knows What They Are Talking About But I Guess I Came To The Wrong Place! Evidently You Have No Ideal What The Answer Is ..hence Your Rude Ignorant Reply.....ever Heard The Old Saying"if You Dont Know What Youre Talking About Just Be Quite"? Ive Got Enough To Deal With Without Being Smartmouthed By A Rude Insensitive Jerk,,,,,did I Scream Loud Enough For You To Hear???
Oy.

That is even harder to read, if you ask me. And by the way, it is spelled, "idea". I have no idea what an ideal is.

weenor

Grandma- grow a thicker skin. No one is trying to upset you, but posts are much easier to read and decipher if the rules of grammar are used. With that said. . .

You will need to contact a local lawyer and find out the procedure for terminating the father's parental rights before adoption will be considered. Whether his rights can be terminated will depend on many factors, not just his prison address. Yes, even prisoners can be fathers.

Who has custody of the children now? Do you have custody or temporary guardianship? Have you gone through the Court system to gain guardianship or custody. Please note that you even if you are ultimately unable to adopt you can still be an appropriate guardian with Mom and Dad having restricted visitation down the road. Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">